Saturday, January 5, 2008

Pretty pictures of a pretty ugly day

Here are some pretty cool pictures that I took on New Year's Eve. The weather over the holiday break was pretty rainy as it is the rainy winter here. I took Brad to work because I needed some work done to my car. On the way to work I noticed that the waterfalls were in the mountains. On my way home, I decided to stop and take some pictures. For anyone who knows me, I love waterfalls. Whenever we go hiking in the mountains, I will try to find a trail that has a waterfall on it. When it rains here whether really hard for a long period of time or for shorter rains over several days, there are waterfalls that appear in the Ko'olau Mountains on our side of the island. This mountain range is the one that runs up the center of the island. Brad crosses them everyday through the tunnel. They are really neat because the east side looks completely different from the west side. The East side is very jagged and has a lot of hard coves and inclines, while the west side is more of a gradual incline and rolling hills. This is due to the winds and the rains. These were all taken on the H-3 going towards Pearl Harbor away from our house. Yes, this means that I made an extra trip through the tunnel to get these pictures.



The mountains are very lush and green right now because of all the rain. The picture below is of Brad and I, in my signature pose, at Turtle Bay Resort on the North Shore on New Year's Day. My sister gave me a massage gift certificate for Christmas and I thought it would be a great way to start the new year, birth year.

We headed north on Kamehameha Highway for the day. We stopped at a shrimp truck and had lunch, then went to the resort to relax. It was very peaceful. The waves were much bigger than I have seen them before, and we were not even at the true north shore. I enjoyed my massage and Brad did too; I thought I would treat him since he would have just waited around for me otherwise. Afterward, he took advantage of the steam room and showers. I felt that it was best for me not to hard boil my incubating egg so I just waited for him in the outdoor lanai that faced out onto the ocean. Thank you very much Missy for the great relaxing present!!!

No comments: