Sunday, May 24, 2009

Update

So we found out what the fussiness was from - a double ear infection, a sinus infection and a high narrow palate, along with the GI issues and a milk & soy allergy.

This poor kiddo has a right to be fussy and screeching and all the rest. I feel so bad that I did not see the signs that pointed to the ear infections, very wobbly (attributed to learning how to walk), jaw clicking, drooling and chewing (attributed to teething), and the outbursts (attributed to normal toddler Independence) but she did not have a fever like the last time. Anyway, we got her medicated and waited to see if she did better. We went back to the dr a few days later, as she was not doing better and got some ear drops that numb her ear to help with the pain. I took her back to the dr to get her ears checked once the antibiotics ran out, well one side had cleared up and the other was still infected. So another round of antibiotics and ear drops. She is still wobbly but seems to be getting better, the tantrums and outbursts have turned in the the occasional and not the daily/hourly occurrence. So she is doing much better and is back to our happy baby again. On the GI issues, I have removed all dairy and soy from her diet, put her back on a prescription formula and increased her medicines. I am hoping to try to reduce her meds once she is healthy or at least trial them again.

Since I have been dealing with all of this by myself, I had a surprise last minute visitor come out. My dad made a special trip out to help me with Eme and specifically to help out with the long to do list for the house. Well, after 10 days here, and am very happy to say that we are done with home improvements for a very long time. There are 3 things left to be painted and a few boxes left to be packed up. This is a very different house than before. We have made changes to every room but the kitchen since we moved in. Well, we have made a few minor changes in the kitchen but nothing that is as noticeable as the other rooms. I tell you this, I was so busy, as I needed to be, I did not have a bit of down time. When Eme was asleep, I was working, when Eme was awake, I was working, when Eme was at day care, I was working, when Eme was playing with Grandpa, I was working. Once my dad left I crashed so hard that I am just now recovering. I think I still have paint on places that I can't see to get off. Once I get back into my groove, I will post pictures to show before and after of what we did. We did manage to go to the zoo and headed out to the west side of the island to explore.

Dad -
Thank you so very much, I can't express my appreciation and gratitude for your willingness to come out and help me with anything that I needed. I could not have done it without you!!!

3 comments:

ronee said...

i wish i was there to help you! i am glad daddy could make the trip! you are awesome lauren and i hope life returns to some sort of normal! know that i love you everyday..i miss you!
me

Vaiva said...

Poor Eme. I hope she feels better now and is happy self again.

Shelly said...

so glad to hear she is doing better! i can't wait to meet her and see you and your house!!!
hugs~