Thursday, November 5, 2009

Starting a new chapter

So we are going to ignore the fact that I have not blogged in forever. Sorry to those who looked her to keep up with us. I have been plain lazy about blogging and other things so there isn't an excuse. I am hoping to get better and I am going to move my computer back down stairs as that is when I fell off the blogging world. So we will see.

What has been going on??? Brad left on his deployment a few days ago so Eme and I are finding our groove so to speak. We have a routine that we found worked a few weeks ago when Brad left for a short underway.

Eme is growing like a weed. She has gotten so big it is unreal. As some may know we have been going through some allergy and GI issues for a while now. I think that we have found the cause and know how to fix things. She is on a milk, soy and wheat/gluten free diet now. Well, we both are as I am not going to fix multiple things for her and I to eat. It is hard enough to cook for one and then another half meal for her. So we are getting away from processed foods and back to fresh fruit, veggies and meats. This also means that I am having to cook more. It has made the world of difference in her attitude and persona for lack of a better word. She is much happier, giggling, playing by herself and fun little girl. I had to put wheat back into her diet for the past week and a half so that we could get one last blood test run. We thankfully got that blood test yesterday so we are back to the diet now. Incidentally, I had my blood test results come back negative so we will see what that actually means. I don't really trust what this dr says as she did not want to order the test anyway. I am interested to see what Eme's numbers are going to come back as. I just hope that they have run the right test as I don't want to add gluten back in because there really is a difference in her personality.

So I today I am making pumpkin muffins. And for dinner we are going to have pork chops for dinner. I am not sure how I feel about the chops cause I am not a huge pork fan anymore. I will give it a good try though cause if Eme doesn't eat it I will have lots of left overs.


Here are a few pictures from the Pier at the boat BBQ before they left.



A friend of ours captured Eme running crazy on the pier. She kept wanting to run to the gang plank thingy that you board the boat on. It had stairs and Eme decided that she needs to climb all stairs no matter where they lead.


Here is the boat pushed away from the pier. It takes forever for this to happen once the sailors load the boat. Well, maybe not as long if the Supply Officer did not leave something somewhere and have to run to go get it. Anyway, I got a wicked sunburn for sitting out there for so long. Eme was a little pink but thankfully she has Brad's skin and did not burn. I will remember the sunscreen for homecoming!!


Here is the boat hitting the open channel out of Pearl Harbor. There wives all traveled from the pier to the point to see them leave. Counting down the days to see the boat going the opposite direction!!!

Here is Brad and I before he left. And you wonder where Eme gets her cheese face from right. Oh yeah, Brad decided that it would be a good idea to shave his head for the deployment to be able to keep a timeline in pictures, by the amount of hair on his head. So, I took the clippers and shaved his head, only after asking him 15 times if he was sure. Then he lathered up his head and shaved it clean. So maybe once he gets back I will post the pictures of his timeline and see how it worked out.

No comments: