Thursday, October 11, 2007

A lot has been going on in the Foster Life -

Well a lot has been happening in our life, as many of you are aware of. Since things have been so hectic, I have decide to keep a log of it online so everyone can share in our experiences with us. We have come to find that the time difference has made it difficult to communicate with many. Not that this will take place of that communication but I hope that this will offer a glimmer of what is happening with us.

Where to begin???
Moving to Hawaii - The Navy has moved us to Hawaii for Brad's first sea tour on a submarine. Brad left South Carolina in June to go to school in Groton, CT. I stayed behind and took care of packing the house to be sent to Hawaii. I headed to CT at the end of July and we both spent the month of August in CT. We have both decided that, while we will be back at some point in Brad's career, we don't really want to spend an extended stay there. So at the end of August we headed to Memphis to see Brad's family and friends. We then headed to Texas to see my family and the rest of Brad's family. Then September 15th we left for the great state of Hawaii. The dogs traveled with us in the cargo section of the plane and 8 hours later we arrived. We had to send the dogs to a kennel run by the Army because no places on the island take dogs in a hotel. Well, ok, there are 3 hotels that do take animals; one is not very safe and the other 2 are 5 star hotels that we can't afford. The kennel is really a nice place and they are in a "little dog" section with many friends. Brad and I stayed at at hotel near the airport for the first two days. Here are a few pictures of the room.

It was really close to base and near everything that we needed to access right off the plane. We then decided to move on base to the base hotel for the low, low price of $35 a night. It is pretty nice and we have internet in the room so I can't really complain. We have both been in a hotel for around 20 weeks (both CT and HI). I am really tired of being homeless and not having multiple rooms to go to. I know that it is really bothering Brad because I am waking up at weird times of night and I tend to wake him up while I am awake. More on the housing situation to come.

So how is it to live in Hawaii??? It is pretty freakin' fabulous!!! It is paradise and beautiful. There are great views all around us and such different landscapes everywhere you turn. Here are a few pictures of views around the island. The first picture is from Kailua beach looking at some smaller islands off the beach.

The second picture is a view from a mountain looking down at a beach on the Windward side of the island, I don't remember which one. The darker parts of water are part of the reef.

So that is all for now. There is so much to post, so bear with me while I get caught up. Please check back often as I will be updating soon. I am going to try to do at least one post a week, but I hope to be able to post a little more often right now.
Love you all!!! Back soon!!!

No comments: