Friday, January 23, 2009

Where have I been???

Well, after almost a year of motherhood I am finally finding my groove to get back into the swing of things. Where did I go? Well, I have this lovely black hole that I retreat to some times and that is where I have been. Things got really overwhelming and I just could only deal with certain things and everything else went by the way side. Blogging was one of those that was easy to push away. I did not really have anything positive to say so I did not say anything.

2009 is a new year. Yeah, yeah, new years resolutions smosions. No, really, I have figured some things out for my self with the help of some professionals and I have a groove that I am really liking. So I am trying to emerge and join society again.

Eme is doing great. The dr's and I have found a great solution to her discomfort and pain so she is a very happy baby now. It was very rough trying to figure things out but we finally have things under control. She has acid reflux and delayed gastric emptying, with possibly a milk allergy. Really long story so I won't go into it but it is really under control.

Huge mistake in parenting, letting my emotions and the need to help my baby get the better of me when it comes to sleeping. I spent the last 9 months of my life on the couch with Eme in the swing, on my chest or propped up on a pillow at the foot of the couch while she was sleeping at night and during the day for nap time. I also let her dictate her bed time. Why is it that I let a child of less than a year dictate her sleep times and mine??? How is it that I could crate train both of my dogs but I could not train myself to put my child in her crib??? So at the end of Dec, I did sleep training with her all by myself. It took 2 days for her to get on schedule and she only cried for about an hour each night. Nap times took a week but she is totally on a schedule now. She still cries when I put her in her crib but by the time I come downstairs and get the monitor she is out. I really wish I had done this a few months ago but hind sight is always 20/20. Anyway, I have found several hours that I did not think I had and I have regained some Lauren time, which has really helped emerge from the blackness.

So, my goals for this blogging thing? I hope to keep up to date at least once a week. If I don't achieve this I won't beat myself up about it, I will just pick up where I am at that moment. I have this thing about needing to catch up which tends to get overwhelming and then the black hole starts looking really good. So if I disappear, bear with me I will emerge sooner than this latest episode.

I do want to update and let my readers see Eme's first year in retrospect. I have even figured out how to upload video too so I have pictures and video from the past year for you too see. The catch, you have to wait for me to get around to posting them. Remember the overwhelming thing, this is very huge task so I will get there just have patience with me.

So, I am making this a permanent post at the top for the next month so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. Keep checking back for updates or you can subscribe by signing up with your email on the right. It will send you an email when I post something new.

Sorry for the absence and thanks for your patience with me. Thanks for your support too. I appreciate it.

No comments: